We invite faculty members to bring their classes to UTAC. Below are some of the ways we may be able to assist you.
1. UTAC staff and docents can provide tours of UTAC exhibitions, both during public hours, and outside of them.
2. Lists of works currently on display are provided below to assist with advance preparation for class visits.
3. We can work with you to develop a class visit more specifically connected to your course content and projects.
4. You may bring classes to UTAC to view works of art that are on display in the galleries as well as those in the vault. Check the collection lists below.
5. We may mount material related to your course on the Assignment page of the UTAC website so it can be accessed by students in your class.
We look forward to talking with you about how we can connect UTAC to your classes. We will need advance notice of your visit, particularly if you are interested in working with objects that are currently in storage.
UTAC Collections Online:
To search the online database click the button above left.
You may perform simple searches by artist, title, date, medium and keyword. You may search by collection (Malcove, University College and University of Toronto), and also perform advanced searches.
Note: the online collections while comprehensive, are a work in process, and updated regularly.
The UTAC Collections Online project has been made possible by a generous grant from the Museums Assistance Program of the Department of Canadian Heritage and by the support of Margaret [Peg] McKelvey.
Malcove Collection Works are also available on FADIS
FADIS is the Federated Academic Digital Imaging System, accessible to anyone with a UTORid
To access FADIS go to: http://fadis.library.utoronto.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/FADIS
Enter your UTORid and password.
When in FADIS, click the magnifying glass icon in the menu at the top of the screen. Enter "Malcove" in the search box and click "search."
For works currently on display in the Malcove Gallery click here
Lists of Works in Permanent Collections
The collection object lists will be updated periodically and should not be considered definitive
Malcove Collection Object List
University of Toronto and University College Collections
Please contact the UTAC Director, Niamh O'Laoghaire at 416-946-7015 or niamh.olaoghaire.utoronto.ca for additional information, and to plan your visit to UTAC.